Related Tags: futurology , futurology definition , futurology meaning , futurology cusd , futurology of education , futurology dreamwidth , futurology podcast , futurology predictions , futurology books , futurology studies ,
Chicago, which has committed to power its 900 municipal buildings with 100% renewable electricity by 2025, has joined a seven-city collaboration, which includes Los Angeles, Houston, Portland, OR, Orlando, FL, and Evanston, IL.
Mercedes-Benz turns coal power plant into energy storage system with electric car batteries - consists of a 8.96 MW/9.8 MWh project using a total of 1,920 battery modules installed in Elverlingsen on the site of the former coal-fired power station that was built in 1912 and recently shut down.
What's the Minimum Number of People you Should Send in a Generational Ship to Proxima Centauri? New paper concluded that a minimum of 98 crew members would be needed to sustain a multi-generational voyage to the nearest star system with a potentially-habitable exoplanet.
Michigan electric utility lays out plan for 6.3 GW of solar power - 48% of all capacity by 2040, plus 450 MW of energy storage, a healthy amount of wind and 80% emissions reductions from their 2005 numbers
How science fiction is training us to ignore the real threats posed by AI: “The public at large will not understand what it is that is being done with their data, what they’re giving away, and how they should be scared of the ways that AI is already playing in and with their lives and information”
Hydrogen Powered Trains: The Next Generation of Shunters? "To help tackle climate change and improve air quality in our communities, rail yards must switch to zero-emission solutions. Hydrogen powered trains are the most viable shunting option from both an operational & financial standpoint."
New AI method gives full AI capability to inexpensive computers, and would make it possible in one to two years for supercomputers to utilize Artificial Neural Networks that quadratically exceed the possibilities of today's artificial neural networks.
California Takes Another Run at 100 Percent Clean Electricity - SB 100 would accelerate the state’s Renewables Portfolio Standard (RPS) to 60% by 2030 and require that the remaining 40% of the electricity mix come from RPS-eligible resources or zero-carbon resources by 2045.
James Hansen, the ex-NASA scientist who initiated many of our concerns about global warming, says the real climate hoax is world leaders claiming to take action while being unambitious and shunning low-carbon nuclear power.
Artificial Intelligence - Friend or foe? - Machines are becoming increasingly intelligent. Artificial Intelligence is helping to make production processes more efficient. But could it actually take over the world one day?
Dr. Atul Gawande is appointed as CEO of a healthcare venture between Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JPMorgan Chase. The venture is intended to combat rising healthcare costs and to operate "free from profit-making incentives and constraints".